<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Surrealer and surrealer

Wednesday, September 28, 2005
So, I just got a second job. Because, I don't have enough going on right now. *grin*

It was sort of an accident, I'd actually applied to this company a few months ago, and just mentioned in passing that I was still available, and a day later, boom. I'm hired. If only this job paid enough to let me quit my day job. Sadly, not so much. But it'll be great experience. (Ok. I'm freaking out. It's editor for one of the romance E-Publishers!) And it'll be fun. And I'm really looking forward to it. Ok. I lied. Woohoo! *grin*

And several people at the day job have been trying to convince me to apply for a job that just opened up in our department - Production Coordinator. In theory, it probably would be good for my career - exposure in the company with the people who matter, coordinator/managing experience, blah, blah, blah. But here's the thing. It's the same pay. It's longer hours. It's more work. And it would still be 64 km away from my house. And I'm stressed enough as it is. Adding stress may just kill me. And, well, I want to get a book published before I die. Preferably more than one.
So it's probably not a good idea. Even if getting it would mean beating the a**hole co-worker, who's also applying. And that would be fun. But in the long run, probably not so fun for me.

I dunno. To heck with all of it. Veronica Mars is on.
8:15 p.m. :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>