<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Books read in 2006

Sunday, January 01, 2006
I've always gotten a kick out of people whose goal is to read like 50 books a year. I'm sure I read tons. Tons and tons. So now, I'm putting my money where my mouth is. This year, I'm actually gonna track and see just how many books I'm really going to read this year...

1. Bait & Switch, Larry Brooks. Really good. He's a new favourite for keeping you guessing right up to the very last page. I like that.
2. Kiss of the Shadow Man, Maggie Shayne. I was at her workshop on writing a fast-paced book. She's really good at that... I couldn't put it down.
3. Out-of-this-World Marriage, Maggie Shayne. It was a three books in one. :)
4. Meridian Link Services Interface Specification. It was for work. It probably shouldn't count, but it was 512 pages and it took me forever!! :)
5. Undead & Unappreciated, MaryJanice Davidson. Good. but was way too quick a read. I hate that. I like to live in a book's world for a while.
6. Brazen, Carly Phillips. Cute, but a little on the standard category format (and considering it was marketed as a single title, that's not good...)
7. Room Service, Jill Shalvis. I liked it. Hot and sexy, good supporting characters.
8. Can You Keep A Secret?, Sophie Kinsella. I hate her heroines. They're stupid. But Sophie's voice keeps me coming back for more. I started this book just before 11 one night, and finished it just after 1 a.m. I hate that.
9. Truth or Dare, Lori Foster. I've always liked Lori's books. Of course, I wrote back cover copy for one of her books, so she's got a little spot in my portfolio (er, I mean heart :) ) The thing is, this is the trilogy that my book Caught was supposed to be, only so much better. *le sigh*
10. Repo Chick Blues, Tracy Sharp. I couldn't put it down. Not usually what I read, seriously intense, but wow. very good.
11. Polar Opposites, Paige Burns. I'm trying to read up as many stories I can from the publisher I'm working for now. So far so good.
12. Hot Target, Suzanne Brockmann. Loved it. LOVED. IT. I love her shit. And that she wrote this kind of story and dedicated it to her son. So cool.
10:47 p.m. :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>