<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

The Fast Draft Challenge

Monday, September 19, 2005
Over on the Romance Divas website, Candace Havens is running an Author of the Month workshop on the Fast Draft. Ideally, with her plan, you'll be able to write a 280 page novel in two weeks. Which is pretty darn cool, and certainly better than the months and months it's been taking me. At first, I didn't really think I could do it. I mean, hell, I'm the one who still has the evil editing instructor whispering in my ear "You're not even a good enough writer to work at Harlequin" (which, ironically, to her was the worst of the worst. *sigh*, you know what they say, those who can do, those who can't, crap all over people who can.)

But then, I thought, well, duh, Pink, didn't you just write a 30-page short story in a day and a half not two months ago? Yes, I did. So I *can* do this.

I'm gonna start small... My goal is to finish The Prada-Bag Princess, which I'm targetting to be about 100 pages. So, 10 pages over the next ten days, startng tomorrow, and by the end, I'll have a finished first draft. I'll be posting my page counts every day, and I'll let you, my 2.5 readers, be my conscience. And my PVR (canadian Tivo) is already set to catch the start of the new tv season, so I am not gonna let that be my distraction. Except for Wednesday. I've been waiting too long to see Lost. :)

Go Me.

If I finish? My present to me is that I get to go out and buy Candace's book Charmed & Dangerous. Cuz it looks good.

PS. Anyone have room for an aging, nasty, wacko Editing Instructor in their heads? Cuz she's movin' the hell outta mine. *Grin*
11:53 a.m. :: ::
2 Comments:

  • Dear Pink,

    You have a riveting web log
    and undoubtedly must have
    atypical & quiescent potential
    for your intended readership.
    May I suggest that you do
    everything in your power to
    honor your Designer/Architect
    as well as your audience.

    Please remember to never
    restrict anyone's opportunities
    for ascertaining uninterrupted
    existence for their quintessence.

    Best wishes for continued ascendancy,
    Dr. Howdy

    'Thought & Humor'

    By Blogger Videos by Professor Howdy, at 9:27 p.m.  
  • Um. Ok. Thanks?

    By Blogger Pink Pen, at 9:36 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>