<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Just When Things Are Going Ok, Life Kicks You in the Ass

Sunday, May 15, 2005
I went to a funeral today. It was my mother's boss' son... who I had worked with for a number of summers as we benefitted from the joys of nepotism.

I haven't seen him in years, not since my last summer at the company back in 1997, and I've definitely lost track of him and what he's been doing. But I have to say, his death has hit me pretty hard. He was two years younger than me, and one night he went to bed, content in his world, a few months away from finishing his PHD thesis, and his heart stopped. Talk about unexpected. We should have been celebrating his wedding. Instead... a horrible, unreal tragedy.

Besides being --> <-- this close to getting his PHD and being published in the leading medical journals in his field (at 30!!), it turns out that this guy who could always make you laugh, was a horror writer. In the past few years, he's had 19 short stories published! Nine. Teen. I gotta say, that's damn impressive. Check it out - he's pretty good.

I was overwhelmed by all of the people who were there, the stories they shared, and the good memories. I only hope when it's my time, I have half the support...

We'll miss you Jamie.
5:56 p.m. :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>