<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Holy Crap, I did it.

Monday, August 01, 2005
I can't believe I did it. I finished About Last Night... for the Downtown Press contest and got it sent in at 11:59 p.m. Exactly on the deadline.

I know I don't have a hope in hell of winning, after all, I wrote most of it in a weekend. But the thing is... it didn't suck. It actually wasn't bad. I'm not sure whether it's Simon & Shuster quality, but I'm pretty proud of myself.

I've noticed such a ginormous improvement in my voice lately, and I kinda like it. I'd always thought my stuff was a little bland, and kinda stilted and that it was missing something. But this was like nothing I'd ever written before.

It was my first foray into first person, which is really hard to write, and something I'd always been hesitant about trying. Mostly because I had a conversation once with a HQ editor, who was 100% against it for any author, and at the time, I'd taken most of what I'd been told as gospel. But it actually worked for me. My sex scene was a little, well, sweet compared to what I usually write, but I think it worked for the story.

*SIGH*
Yay me.
That's all that matters.
12:07 a.m. :: ::
1 Comments:
  • I''ll be back. Later :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:22 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>