<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

All that angst gone to waste.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005
I can't even believe it.

On February 18th, I spent $11.75 to stupid Canada Post to send Caught (the manuscript that finalled in the Brava Novella Contest) to Kensington Brava via SuperFast Air Mail.

And I chose not to be a pain, so I didn't call to confirm that it arrived, trusting in the sanctity of both the Canadian and US postal services. (Obviously my first mistake.)

Then I started talking to some of the other finalists, who had all heard back a few weeks ago (2 got published, the rest were nays...). And I was still sitting, staring at my mailbox, hoping that I'd get good news, but dreading the worst. So I thought I was being a little paranoid, but I had to check... So I called today, just to make sure it was there, no pressure or anything. Turns out... it's gone astray. I'm not entirely sure if that means it was a post office's fault that it never made it there, or it got there and fell in a garbage can and no one thought it interesting enough to pull it out. Either way, it hasn't been sitting somewhere in the vicinity of Kate Duffy's desk. She hasn't been contemplating my prose, hoping to find just the right place to put it. It's sitting somewhere in space...

I feel like it's been rejected already, and no one's even seen it. This is a bad sign.

And as if this isn't bad enough, yesterday there was a big freak out because the application for the promotion I'd applied for a month ago was also gone astray.

It's like the fates are telling me to give up and just sit at home and watch tv, because ambition is a waste of time.
11:57 a.m. :: ::
3 Comments:
  • Hey PinkPen sorry to hear your submission went missing. Ugh...this business is hard enough. We don't need stuff like that happening. Hopefully, Kate will read it as soon as you rensend and she'll pick up the phone and make THE CALL!!
    Good Luck!
    Cathy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 a.m.  
  • Hi Cathy!

    Thanks... I resent it right away, but no word so far... still hoping tho.

    On a good not, I have an interview for the promotion on Friday... Keep your fingers crossed!

    By Blogger Pink Pen, at 10:26 p.m.  
  • Hello, I am interested in hearing from others

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:02 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>