<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

It's just words...

Friday, October 14, 2005
She said with disdain.

This from the graphic artist who created a red and purple jewellery catalogue..

You know, as much as I think our flyers are really pretty um, well, cluttered and drab and rather unexciting, I manage to keep my mouth shut rather than crapping on one of my team members' work. (what's said here and at home to Mr. Pink notwithstanding... *Grin*)

But for non-writers to write an offensive tagline and then get pissed when I say, hey, that's gonna piss people off, um.. seriously? Get a life.

I'm a fat chick. Yes despite the Stop eating fries and gravy for lunch diet, still a fat chick. And yes, I may be overly sensitive, but it seems to me that emphasizing "Sweater Event FOR ALL SIZES" right under the fat lady clothes, kinda rude... y'know, yes, pat, pat, you're fat but we can cover your big ass anyway.

(and let's ignore the grammatically crap implications of the heading...)

People here have no respect for what I do. I have a Mac Artist who cares so little for what I write, that half the time she ignores it and writes her own stuff (all of which doesn't conform with the advertising rules imposed by the government) leaving me with tons of extra work to fix it.... and now to basically be told it's just words implying that it doesn't really matter, no one reads it anyway and who cares.

Tell me again why I bother?
10:37 a.m. :: ::
1 Comments:
  • I know... appalling isn't it? I almost passed out when she said that to me. I swear, this used to be my favourite store, but after having worked there for a year, I can really understant the hate.

    But I think what ticks me off the most is that just about everyone at work seems to take this attitude, and just pats my head and tell me not to get so bent out of shape about it... our flyers just end up lining someone's litter box. With attitudes like this, it's hard to take any pride in your work.

    By Blogger Pink Pen, at 12:14 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>