<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

The Sounds of Silence

Thursday, December 08, 2005
So, I took a day off from the Internet yesterday. I got up, I went and got my hair cut ( a lot.... it's really short now. I love it :) ), sat in a restaurant and finished up the proofreading I was working on, did some shopping, came home, made sure I didn't have any work emails I needed to take care of (there wasn't. Have I mentioned how much I love my new job?), and turned off my computer.
I didn't read anyone's blog. I didn't check any websites. I didn't even watch tv with my laptop so I could check imdb, or go to the cool site that the tv said to go to :). I read a couple of magazines. I watched all of Veronica Mars. I went to bed early and got a good night's sleep.

I feel awesome.

Are we too glued to the Internet? I am. I totally am. My MSN messenger is pretty much always on with my work address. I keep my gmail and yahoo accounts constantly open and refresh frequently and I can waste hours reading blogs, websites and advice columns. (yeah, I'm addicted to advice columns. wierd.)
So, I totally needed yesterday. And I'm so glad that I did it.

So try it. You'll like it. Even if your name's not Mikey. And I'll even forgive you for not coming to visit me for one day :)
12:16 p.m. :: ::
3 Comments:
  • I am way too addicted to the internet. And now I get the bonus prize of being addicted to checking my Amazon numbers! Not nearly as much fun as it may sound. But when I'm away from my email, blog, etc. for more than a day I start to get twitchy. We love what is bad for us. That is also why I love Tim Hortons so much.

    By Blogger Michelle Rowen, at 3:51 p.m.  
  • I'm addicted to the stat counter results... esp. the people who are in my area... I keep wondering, do I know you in real life? who are you? Why won't you say hello?
    And, yeah, I've totally made up for yesterday's lack of internet-ing today *grin*

    By Blogger Pink Pen, at 3:56 p.m.  
  • I'll take a day or two off a week from the Net to just write, and those are wonderful. I'm a total Net Junkie -- and I'm the same way with my statcounter. Although I've been getting a depressingly low amount of hits lately.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>