<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Take this job and...

Tuesday, June 14, 2005
I am officially sick of my job.

I hate that I'm nothing but a glorified data entry clerk and proofreader.
I hate that people re-write my work, when they have absolutely no concept of grammar or spelling or how to string words together so that they make sense (and don't EVEN get me started on the fricken apostrophes to denote plural)
I hate that the other copywriters are chauvinistic and feel perfectly okay shitting all over my work, but try to comment on their mistakes and they hold grudges and make trouble for days afterwards. ([sarcasm]And I'm sure there's no truth to the lawsuits that this company favours men over women[/sarcasm])
I hate that I have spent EIGHT YEARS trying to get a job at the company I interned for and can't even get a frickin' interview, for jobs that I'm waaaaayyyyy overqualified for.
I hate that I have to spend at least an hour, sometimes two on the crowded 401 every morning to get to a job that I'm sick of.
I hate that people in SUVs think they can just drive into the Echo Hatchback like I'm not even there because they decide they want to be in my lane.
I hate that I'm so consumed with this hate and frustration that I can't get happy, or think about my writing, or anything fun... so much so, that my eyes are constantly twitching and swollen.
12:20 p.m. :: ::
1 Comments:
  • Wishing you all the best!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 a.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>