<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

When it's time to change...

Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Heh... flashbacks of Peter Brady and his ear-bleeding song about his voice changing much? *grin*

And here I thought I'd already gone through that in high shool when I went from a Soprano to a Mezzo Soprano. But the reality is, my voice keeps changing. In Losin' It, which I'd started as a Brava, but I'm contemplating sending to the Harlequin Blaze contest cuz it's more of a category than a single title, I really like my voice for the "in the heroine's head" bits. It's fun, it's snarky, it's interesting to read.

But as soon as I get to a sex scene, BAM, a whole other voice. And I don't even like that voice. It's bland. It's boring. It's not even that sexy. (Think insert tab A into slot B). Worse, it completely fucks with the flow of the book. And since the first sex scene comes really, really early (i.e. halfway through chapter 1), and sex is prevalent through the whole book, (what with the whole erotic romance thing) that's not acceptable. To quote my soon-to-be-mother-in-law. I can't live like dat, b'y. (Newfie accent and all...)

Problem is. I have absolutely no idea how to fix it. Worse, the contest deadline is today.

Stupid procrastinating leave it to the last minute Pink.

I think I may have to wait til the next contest.
12:17 p.m. :: ::
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>