<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Procrastinating

Thursday, August 25, 2005
I'm seriously procrastinating today. I'm supposed to be writing articles for our employee newsletter and I just can't bring myself to do it. I get all the cheesy employee submission articles...

"Joe Shmo from store 12345 in Podunk, AB rescued a sleeping baby from a locked car in the middle of a heat wave. Wow! Go Joe."
yes, thanks Joe for not standing idly by while a child suffocated to death. Way to go for not being an asshole.

"Freda Babeda from store 98765 in Stuck Up, ON smiled and said thank you when I was in the store today. Now *that's* customer service."
yes, i can see how common courtesy is so rare these days that a smile and "thank you" is worthy of celebrating.

And on it goes. My favourites are the ones celebrating a person who stepped in because a co-worker was being a jackass. Yes, let's commend Joe for opening up the flyer and pointing out to Freda that toilet paper is on sale for 5.93 today after Freda started a pissy fit with the customer while a big line waited for her! Woohoo!

Maybe if we raised our standards just a wee little bit people might not hate us as much as they do. And it would be really nice if I had an interesting article to write once in a while. Do you think anyone would notice if I excerpted part of the erotic romance story I'm working on in there? *grin* Now that would get my butt in gear.
11:10 a.m. :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>