<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Yeah, I'm a dork

Wednesday, August 31, 2005
So I busted my butt, and got my first chapter of Losin' It polished and outta here. It hit the post office in just enough time to meet the deadline. Tho, as I drove past the Harlequin offices, as I do every single day, I thought about stopping in and just dropping it off. Which probably would have worked if the offices were still open, but at that hour, the only people there would have been the night proofreaders, and I didn't think they'd be too receptive to taking my entry. So into Canada Post's hands I've put my trust. It better get there this time.

I'm a little iffy on my synopsis though, I think it's pretty light and I'm not sure how well "and then they indulged in a lot of her fantasies" is going to go over.

The good thing is, I'd been a little waffly about my plot line and was pretty much "pantsing" it (i.e. writing from the seat of my pants) Now that I've finished a very light synopsis, I at least have some direction to take the story.

I do, however, have to make sure I don't do what I did last time, which was to enter a contest with only two chapters written, wait until I became a finalist, wait through the voting period, wait past the time the editor called and asked to see the darn manuscript and then two months later, finally get around to writing the damn thing. The winners will be announced on October 15th. I will have the ms more than half done. Yes. I will.

So, that's three things out in the publishing universe. Caught is still sitting at Brava, having "gone astray" for six months. About Last Night is at Downtown Press, awaiting contest decisions, which should also come down around mid-October. and now Losin' it. Not bad when you consider that a year ago I hadn't even finished anything let alone sent it out into the world all grown up. Yay me.

But this waiting thing? Totally killing me.
10:08 p.m. :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>