<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Can you spoiler a show that isn't on any more?

Thursday, January 19, 2006
So, as I'm sure you've realized by now, I'm addicted to tv. I particularly love the new tv season, and my PVR gets a serious workout when I try on most of the new shows for size.

This year, I got hooked on the show Reunion. The premise: each show would capture one year in the lives of six friends over a twenty-year span until the culmination episode, where viewers would find out a) which of the six was killed and b) whodunnit.

Only Fox cancelled the show somewhere around the mid-nineties. Seconds after finding out who was killed, but not by who. Red herrings were dropped, but not enough information for anyone to formulate a proper theory. (I had my suspicions.)

Then... I came across this article. Right there, smack in the middle of the page, the author reveals whodunnit. I can't say I'm surprised. But I don't know why the who dunnit. And that's gonna bug me. As much as I'm still bugged about the cliff hanger season ending of Models Inc. that got cancelled before the resolution. And that was in the early nineties.

I hate when shows do that. I understand ratings and all that, but I like things to be resolved. Would it have killed Fox to at least show one last episode that explains things? Just a little?

Grrrr.
10:05 a.m. :: ::
5 Comments:
  • I just found out that they canceled "Threshold" and I'm pissed. Not that this particularly relates to your post. But I could still imagine being furious if I read the plot to the series finale.

    By Blogger Nicole, at 11:17 p.m.  
  • Reminds me of the horrific Ally McBeal show wrapup. The final episode was abysmal, shameful and just plain BAD. I still resent them for that. (g)

    Tanya

    By Blogger Shesawriter, at 11:48 p.m.  
  • Don't they understand the need for closure???? :)

    This comment brought to you courtesy of Michele...

    By Blogger Valbee, at 10:32 a.m.  
  • I felt the same way when "Ed" ended. It was all too tidy and I wanted more. And ABC has cancelled "Emily's Reasons Why Not" after just one episode. The poor actors in that one!

    Here via Michele!

    By Blogger Karen, at 10:38 a.m.  
  • Shesa, I don't even remember the finale of AMcB... and I watched that show faithfully... but I totally remember the early ones... and I think adding in the kid was really a jump the shark moment, so it's probly a good thing. But yeah, bad endings suck.

    Val, exactly! You get my meaning!

    Karen, that sucks about Emily... I totally wanted to find out what was gonna happen with the gay virgin mormon. And it doesn't look good for Jake in Progress either. i can't find it on the tv schedule anymore. Too bad. last season was pretty funny.

    By Blogger Pink Pen, at 11:38 a.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>