<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

How do ya like that?

Monday, January 16, 2006
So, a few weeks ago, I got a letter from Harlequin Reader Services letting me know that I won a mysterious something in one of their contests. All I had to do was answer a skill-testing question and send it back to them. Now, I've gotten all the win a gabillion dollars in our sweepstakes letters and pretty much passed it off to Ed McMahon likeliness. But with this letter, my mind started to wander. Did I win a million dollars? A car? A trip for two to an exotic destination?

Nahh, my rational side said. You know all you won was a year's supply of books to a line you don't even read.

But I sent back the letter and crossed my fingers. Free books are free books, right?

Well. I got the package while I was away and finally sat down and opened it today. I won two autographed books by Carly Phillips and makeup by Bobbe Joy Cosmetics - Eye shadow, totally in my colours, a blush, also my colour and a lip gloss (well, not so much, and I hate the feel of lip gloss).

But still. Free books AND free makeup. Very cool.
7:49 p.m. :: ::
16 Comments:
  • Wow, winning free stuff is awesome, isn't it?

    By Blogger Nicole, at 9:24 p.m.  
  • Wow, that's awesome!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 p.m.  
  • Yeah, it is cool. I want to go out now just to show off the makeup :)

    By Blogger Pink Pen, at 9:35 p.m.  
  • That's great!!! You truly are lucky. Continue joining contests like this. The million dollars, the car or the trip might be next.

    By Blogger Viamarie, at 9:36 a.m.  
  • Congrats! That is really cool. Hopefully you will enjoy the books and the makeup. Great site and post.

    By Blogger The Complimenting Commenter, at 12:50 p.m.  
  • Congrats, congrats, congrats! Can't beat free autographed books!

    Tanya

    By Blogger Shesawriter, at 11:49 p.m.  
  • Hello hello. Michele sent me here to be the first to congratulate you on being the site of the day! Looks like you are having a great day with all the free stuff too. You should get yourself all prettied up in your fancy new makeup and go out and celebrate!

    By Blogger jennypenny, at 12:51 a.m.  
  • Oohh, I'm so jealous! :)
    Congrats on the great prizes. I'm sure you'll enjoy them!

    Btw...I'm here from Michele's today.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 a.m.  
  • I never win anything... But it is your day today! Congrats on being the site of the day and on your free package!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 a.m.  
  • thats very cool! i never pass up free books, even if i dont want them, i always know someone will take them from me because my friends dont turn down free books either!

    free make up in my shades? never gonna happen! totally grats on that!

    also grats on being michele's site of the day and greetings from michele, too!

    By Blogger Dak-Ind, at 3:26 a.m.  
  • I love winning things, especially because it never happens. Congrats!

    And congrats on being Michele's Site of the Day. Love your design. Very hip!

    Michele sent me!

    By Blogger Karen, at 7:02 a.m.  
  • Ahh, yes, free books and free makeup. That was a great prize.

    Congrats on being site of the day. Michele sent me.

    By Blogger Sandy, at 8:03 a.m.  
  • It's fun winning things you like, eh? ANd if you don't like the other books, you can always donate them to a local nursing home...

    Hi, Michele sent me :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:03 a.m.  
  • Occasionally I wonder how much money and prizes I might be throwing away. I don't even entertain the idea of those contests anymore.

    I like your blog...michele sent me today.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 a.m.  
  • Hey free stuff is free stuff!! Enjoy it!

    hi, Michele sent me!

    By Blogger Melanie, at 9:40 a.m.  
  • Hi, Michele sent me!

    I love the design of your blog - awesome!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>