<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

We have a winner!

Sunday, January 15, 2006
Yup, the verdict is in. Thirty-five people voted in my poll. First, thanks for voting, and second, woohoo! I had no idea so many people visited :)

Oh... the name that won? Marlena Laurie. It jumped into the lead pretty much from the very beginning and stayed there. And, really, it was my favourite, so I'm really glad that y'all thought so too.

Although, Marlene McCann and Larissa Alexander (and "these all suck". you guys are mean!) tied for second. *grin*. MM and LA both have a little sentimental meaning and may get used for writing that I don't necessarily want confused with my erotica, so don't think you've seen the last of them.

For anyone who's wondering where the names came from:
Marlene Laurie - My first and middle names reversed. No, my last name isn't coming into play here... it's the Internet. and it's a sucky last name :)
Marlena Laurie - Marlene was a little harsh for the flow of the two names together, so I thought I'd change it up a bit. (apparently, you guys thought so too :) )
Elle Emme - My initials (sorta).
Emme Elle - My initials reversed.
Larissa Alexander - Larissa is Russian for Laurie and Alexander was my grandfather's name. Also the name I used when I was internet dating. Yeah, I lied. Sue me. :)
Arielle Amuren - An anagram for Laurie Marlene
Marlene McCann - my middle name and a last name I like.
Arielle Alexander - A suggestion from my readers.

And, in just a little bit of self-bragging. I finished About Last Night... and renamed it You Can't Always Get What You Want. It seemed a little fitting since it was inspired by the Rolling Stones' song. I'm pleased with how it turned out, very different from its first incarnation. And I'm trying to ignore the huge attack of "I can't write. This sucks. What am I thinking" that I had this morning, and sent it off to Amber Quill before I could change my mind. It helped that gmail doesn't let you recall emails and I accidentally hit send while I was obsessing *grin*

If you're interested, click here for a teeny-tiny excerpt.
3:38 p.m. :: ::
11 Comments:
  • Michele sent me to say these are very interesting names. A friend of mine named her baby Arielle Louise. It was the first time I had ever heard of Arielle, but I was told it was mentioned in the Bible. I don't know whether that is true or not.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:12 p.m.  
  • I didn't get a chance to vote in the poll, but the Marlena Laurie is the one I would have picked as well.

    Thanks for checking out my blog yesterday. I wish you guys luck. And always make the most of your days.

    By Blogger Valbee, at 4:56 p.m.  
  • I love the excerpt. Would you consider posting more?

    I like how you start with a strong sense of surprise. Very intense way to drop the reader into your story line.

    By Blogger carmilevy, at 6:30 p.m.  
  • I love that name. I'm always naming...babies I'll never have and etc. It's my first time here. I'll have to look around. Stay in the pink! I'm h ere all the way from Michele's.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:21 p.m.  
  • Hey Carmi! Thanks for the love. I'd consider posting more, but it would mean putting up the entire first chapter, because there isn't another logical place to stop... And since the whole story is only four chapters, I don't want to give it all away... Tell you what, as soon as I sell it, I'll post it for ya :)

    By Blogger Pink Pen, at 7:39 p.m.  
  • I have to take a peek at the story...as for the name? Well, it's your name and you are the one that has to be happy with it..and, it sounds like you are!!!
    That's all that really matters...

    Here From Michele's!

    By Blogger OldLady Of The Hills, at 8:28 p.m.  
  • Welcome back. Though I liked one of the others, this was a close second. :-)

    Tanya

    By Blogger Shesawriter, at 8:38 p.m.  
  • Hello,
    Here via Michele's.

    By Blogger amanda, at 9:32 p.m.  
  • aw shucks, the one I voted for didn't win... lol! I like the one that did, though. Here from Michele's tonight.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 9:52 p.m.  
  • Good luck with your story. I like your chosen name. Finally something I vote for wins! :)

    Michele sent me back tonight.

    By Blogger Sandy, at 10:01 p.m.  
  • The name is good; so good luck with the story. Michele sent me.

    By Blogger kenju, at 10:05 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>