<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Home Again

Saturday, January 14, 2006
I'm back from the east coast! Have to say I wasn't exactly thrilled to be flying on Friday the 13th, but I'm home safe and sound. It was a really interesting week. First, I got to meet all of the people in my department, including my boss. I think it made it all real for me. I mean, I've been doing the work, and cashing my pay cheques, but without actually seeing real people, it's felt a little surreal.

We stayed in a cute little b&b (and I do mean a little on the cutesy side) and, while it would have been nice to have a little warning about the cat I was more than a little allergic to, I think it was better to be in this little house with everyone than in a giant impersonal hotel. Also, the team clicked really well, really quickly, which I'm very glad about. The people you work with are so important and I think I'll feel a little better about asking questions of people now that I have a face to put to the name :)

AND, I finally got the IT department to realize that my laptop wasn't working properly. My internet connection was hit and miss, which, when you only connect to work via the internet, it's kinda an important thing to have. So now I have a new one. I've been connected wirelessly all day. Woohoo!

AND... It seems I missed National DeLurking Week. Dammit... I want to know who my Barrie reader is. And my other Torontonians... And if there's anyone else out there reading this thing.... So, if you've been lurking around, leave me a comment. I'm glad to have had you here :)
6:31 p.m. :: ::
9 Comments:
  • Sort of delurking, but I comment regularly. Sounds like that laptop is cool. What did you get?

    Michele sent me.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:53 p.m.  
  • Well, first of all, I am IN LOVE with your pink and brown template.

    It sounds like your business trip was fun. I bet staying in a bed and breakfast rather than a large hotel made it a bit more relaxing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:21 p.m.  
  • Hi! I just found you via Michele's. Glad you had a safe trip home.

    Greetings from beautiful Milwaukee. Michele sent me!

    By Blogger Karen, at 7:37 p.m.  
  • saw you at michele's and i LOVE the pink theme.. i am a pink freak as well!

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 9:26 p.m.  
  • Wow I luv the colors,
    Via michele
    Maggie

    By Blogger Maggie Lamarre, at 9:58 p.m.  
  • I totally hear you re. a laptop on a business trip. Mine is my absolute lifeline when I'm away. And a wireless connection is all I need to keep in touch - text, voice, video, whatever I need via a high-bandwidth connection.

    And it all comes crashing down when it doesn't work.

    Glad your trip was OK. Something tells me a cat in a B&B is not a good thing.

    By Blogger carmilevy, at 10:04 p.m.  
  • Delurking week's not over!!!!

    It runs to the 16th!!!!

    :-D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 p.m.  
  • DeLurking Week? Cheese, I need to get out more.

    "Out" in the sense of outside my usual bloggy reading list. If I hadn't tripped over Michele's site on Friday, {insert cascading events} I'd have continued sadly unaware of useful things like DeLurking Week.

    Not to mention a pile of new weblogs to read (like this one).
    *smiles*

    By Blogger Bill C, at 11:24 p.m.  
  • I'm not a lurker so much as a first time visitor. Just dropping a note to say hi. Thanks for commenting on my blog! :)

    By Blogger Nicole, at 11:55 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>