<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

You Can't Always Get What You Want Excerpt

Sunday, January 01, 2006
I pulled into my driveway with a huge sigh of relief and trudged into the house, feeling the weight of my day pressing on my shoulders. It had been a helluva day, and all I wanted was a long, hot bath, some snuggle-time with Seth, the love of my life, my schleppies and the TV.

"Lucy! I'm ho-ome!" I called out in my best Ricky Ricardo. Seth got pissy when I snuck in without announcing my arrival. I wasn't entirely sure how walking into my own home was sneaking in, but whatever, it was a little thing, so I humoured him on it. He spent all day and pretty much all night hunched over his computer, and he got so caught up in his work that I could walk right up to him, strip naked and dance a hula and he wouldn't even notice. Yeah, ask me how I know.

Back in high school, Seth had sold a game he'd developed, Vamp Camp, and it had been an instant success. He was still getting royalties from it. Rather nice royalties, I might add. Only now he was so obsessed with the program he was writing that he was sure would change the computer world as we know it, that he hardly had time for anything else. Including me. We'd been living together for over a year, and I was still without a ring.

"Seth?" I called out. "You are not gonna believe the day I had. Remember Jack? That sleazy guy from the Christmas party that got so drunk? Yeah, he ran off to the Caymans with 30 million dol..."

I walked into the room hoping to snuggle up and get a little much needed action and almost tripped over my feet at what I saw.

What the fuck?

Seth's scrawny, naked ass was pumping furiously against my just steam-cleaned linen ottoman.

Ew.

No, really.

Ew.

My words trailed off into a little squeak, and it wasn't until I tried to compose myself that I saw the other pair of feet. The Doc Marten-covered feet that had to have belonged to the little Goth Girl who lived next door. The feet that were attached to the legs of the girl who was sandwiched between my very expensive, cost me almost a full paycheque, brand-spanking new ottoman and my live-in, about to propose to me boyfriend.

Holy Shit.
3:47 p.m. :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>