<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

I'm finished!!

Friday, March 03, 2006
And Pink FINALLY emerges from editing hell...

I can't believe I worked on that book all week, from the time I got up, til bedtime every day. Of course, now I have to write a letter telling the author all the things that need to be fixed. Kinda dreading that... cuz there's a lot and a very little time to do it in. *sigh*

There's been a weird analogy running through my head all week with respect to this book. It's like a chicken pot pie. The crust is nice and flaky and doesn't get that gooey texture on the bottom, and inside there's carrots and peas and other yummy veggies. Only, there's no chicken and no gravy holding it together. And there's grapes and bananas in with the veggies.

So what does all that mean? Well.. the author has a nice voice, the story is well-plotted, and I totally didn't see the whodunnit coming, which is always a nice touch, and there's a good flow to the dialogue. The problem is that there's not a lot of action (the chicken) and hardly any introspection holding the story together (the gravy) And then there's all sorts of description that doesn't really add anything to the story, that you wonder why it's there (the bananas and grapes).

Hopefully, the author will take this as constructive and be able to fix it, because this has the makings of a darn good story.

But first I'm going to treat myself to a little Thai food for dinner and take a break from my laptop. Can you tell I'm hungry? :)
3:59 p.m. :: ::
1 Comments:
  • Great analogy! And I love chicken pot pie. Thanks for choosing me as your renter - I love your site and look forward to sharing it for a week.

    By Blogger Erin, at 11:17 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>