<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

So here's the thing...

Sunday, February 19, 2006
First, thanks to everyone who commented on my troubles with Mr. Pink, especially for the offers of the bat *grin* (And, *I'm* the one who decided that I had issues with the status quo, so I'd rather not take you up on that, hee.) After many long talks and tears, we've decided to try and work on things, neither of us quite ready to give up on four-and-a-half years of coupledom. So, we'll see.

Second, the internet company that I'm thinking of starting. I've had some very interesting conversations with some very encouraging and helpful people about my plans (all still very much in theory right now...) And it's going to be slow going as I make sure everything is in place and such, but I think I'm definitely moving forward on it. For the curious, the company is actually an e-publisher (The Pink Pen Papers... heh :) ). Yeah, definitely bigger than selling a few things from my website *grin* So, you can see why a lot of planning. But I'm pretty darn excited about it... I'll keep you posted.

Which leads me to my third thing. I'm a little cautious about revealing the real me on the Internet. Y'all know me as Pink here, and I'm happy with that. But, as I'm building up my freelance editing/writing company (which I am doing) I'd kinda like to link y'all to the website I'm building, and vice versa (y'know, try to build a little business :) ) But of course, there's my real name, phone number, etc. sitting there. Kinda weird. And, I get a little, um, swear-y here :) And I ogle half-nekkid men (tho, not for a while now. Will definitely be remedying that this week *grin*) And I bitch about my jobs. None of which is exactly the kind of thing you want potential employers to read. So here are my options as I see it:
1. Create a new blog under my real name and maintain two blogs (yeah, right)
2. Keep PinkPen and all blogging out of my real life writing/editing
3. Edit the heck out of this place and really rein myself in in future posts (no fun)
4. Just let it all hang out.

Not sure I like any of those.... so I have some thinking to do.

On a writing note, i've been so busy editing other people's stuff (and how much am I enjoying the author I'm working with right now...) that I haven't really had time to work on my own writing, which is bugging me on an almost constant basis right now. Yeah, Chase, Leah, seriously can't wait to get it on, darn them. I'm targetting their story as a Torrid Teaser, with a sequel to follow up... (It Happened One Night and It Happened the Next Night. Yeah, I suck at titles. :) ) It's actually a story that first sparked back in University... so I've been fermenting it for a reeeeaaaaalllly long time :) ) I've really got to add writing time into my already busy schedule, because they're driving me nuts...

So. [exhale] here goes.
10:59 p.m. :: ::
5 Comments:
  • hmmm... i'm not sure what to tell you on this... but i can def understand your concerns about letting all of us on here know the real you and having this blog out there with stuff you dont want others to read...
    i say options #1 or #2 but you have to decide what's best for you!

    good luck in your decision.... i would be sad though to not be able to come see your beautiful pink blog!!!!

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 12:03 a.m.  
  • I am doing two completely separate blogs. The one here on blogger and the supa secret one over on LiveJournal.

    LiveJournal lets you lock your posts so I can bitch about work and people not on my friends list without them ever knowing... Plus I've been blogging there since 2002.

    I'd do separate ones, but that's just me - my personal one has suffered since I started the public one, but I decided only to post twice a week in the Blogger one so that works out a lot better.

    Sorry for the run on sentences - It's monday.

    Cheers, Deb

    By Blogger Deborah Beckers, at 10:41 a.m.  
  • Sometimes I wish I had started 2 different blogs or at least had started my one blog semi-anonymously.

    But then I think that there have been people who now know my name and associate it with me rather than some "ghost writer" I created. I don't know if that makes any sense.

    What am I trying to say here? I have no idea. Do what feels right? Yeah, that sounds good.:)

    By Blogger Janet, at 8:46 p.m.  
  • i have another blog on blogger that is locked... it's my weight loss blog and i use it just for my record of working out and weight loss. no one can see it or get to it...

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 3:40 p.m.  
  • I like the titles too. Yay for Torrid Teasers!! And I'm like Emma, nothing intellectual to add to the conversation.

    Happy writing!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:24 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>