<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Yay, oh wait, boo.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006
So, my day has been very angsty.


First, I won a copy of Repo Chick Blues by Tracy Sharp (check out her blog on my blogroll, Blithering Fool) on the Silver Expressions blog... Which, woohoo... her excerpts look quite good, and I'm excited.

On the other hand, my day job work has been very, very slow, so the days of the week have kinda blended together. In my head, I knew it was the end of February, but somehow it didn't translate that today was the first of March.

Then, sometime this afternoon, I realized that yes, tomorrow, er now today, is the day that Amber Quill announces the Heat Wave contest winners. The contest I entered. So I spent the day scouring the internet... looking to see who else had submitted, seeing if any clues had popped up, just, well, wishing, I guess.

I've pretty much been living on the Romance Divas forum all night waiting for the announcement to come down the line...

And the announcement came.

I didn't win.

Looking back, I think my story may have been a little too sweet for their tastes... but otherwise, I think it's still a good story. I don't have the same, holy shit, what was I thinking? feeling I had with Caught when I re-read it.

So tomorrow, it's going out to someone else.

Tonight, however, I need a good cry.
12:45 a.m. :: ::
3 Comments:
  • I don't know which contest this is, but the thing about hindsight is...well, you know. Just because your entry wasn't right for this doesn't negate it. Learn what you can, and always believe.

    By Blogger Jay, at 6:30 a.m.  
  • Aaaaw, I'm sorry you didn't win :( There were many contests I never won, either. Have a good cry if you need it. I've been doing a lot of that lately :)

    Check your email, Pink! Let me know what version of Repo Chick Blues you want! I can't wait to send it to you :)

    By Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series, at 9:02 a.m.  
  • I found out I won an honorable mention cert the other day. I had done a google on my name and found a contest that I'd subbed to and forgotten about, but the website hadn't even notified me that I had a cert. Weird. And I still can't recall what I subbed, ROFL!

    By Blogger Faith Bicknell, at 12:24 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>