<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Something to think about...

Thursday, November 10, 2005
So, I'm pondering a pile of things.

First, I'm in the process of creating a real website. Ok, it's right now on a free host, but at least it will let me create a couple of pages and maybe get some excerpts in there and have something more writing focused as opposed to whining about my commute and working at Sprawl-Mart. which isn't a problem anymore, but still.

Thought one... I want a funky look to the site, something that plays on the whole Pink Pen Papers thang, but isn't too fugly. Eventually, when I finally get published (or when I actually finish something !!!) I'll get a real domain name under my pen name (whatever that may be), but for now, this'll do. Heere's my first dilemma. I'm not web savvy programmer. or at all. I've been reading through the wordpress websites, but it's like the teacher in Charlie Brown talking to me. Only I have very limited funds, so hiring a designer isn't quite feasible right now...

Thought two, is the pen name... I know, I'm jumping the gun here, but hey, a girl can fantasize can't she? :)
Right now, I've been toying with using my middle and first name reversed - Marlene Laurie. Which sounds a little harsh. So then I tweaked it a wee bit to try Marlena Laurie. But I'm still not 100%... Then I also thought about playing with my initials, something like Elle Emme, which is, well, different. I dunno. It seems like such a big decision that's gonna affect the rest of my life, I want it to be perfect. Yeah, we've already agreed that I'm a dork.

Thought three... a favourite writer is speaking at this Saturday's meeting of the Chapter That Cannot be Named. I'm thinking of going. But, it's gonna be awkward. Probably mostly on my part, but since I'm the one who has to deal with me (so to speak) I dunno if I want to put myself through that. Then again, they probably won't even remember my name, so I have nothing to worry about.

I'm going to bed. I'll let the fates guide me while I sleep.
11:18 p.m. :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>