<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

What's your fantasy?

Saturday, November 12, 2005
Now that I have more time on my hands, and I'm spending a lot of it alone here at home, I'm finding myself in my head a lot more of the time, thinking about painted wings and giant rings, instead of oh crap, that SUV is merging into my Echo hatchback!

Which is definitely a nice change.

So, writing what I write, I tend to think about fantasies, my own, my characters', and to a point, my readers'. (Don't worry, this isn't a segue into my sex life with Mr. Pink. That's none of yer darn bizness *Grin*)

But fantasies, much like a good love scene in a novel, (particularly, in an erotic romance... too much gymnastics gets a little tedious after a while), setting and mood and the emotion behind it plays such a huge part.

In university, there was this room, set up specifically for the stage lighting students, that was basically completely empty, except for any light and any cool toy you could add to that light to practice and design your lighting. One of my projects was to set different moods based only on light and colour. Y'know red for anger, blue for sadness, hot pink for hot sex (*nudge* get it.. hot pink, the pink pen... hee!)

And for the longest time, the idea of that room, that being able to set any mood you desire, played a huge part of my fantasies... (and it didn't hurt that my lab partners were two yummy boys who walked around in tight jeans and tool belts *wink*)

But instead of a couple of Lekos here and there with a pink-gelled Fresnel wash setting the stage... setting the mood for your love scene is using all the other stuff, the angst of a first time together, the smell of two people's sweat mingling together, the sound of the ocean waves lapping at the shore in the distance, the first touch of a calloused hand on bare skin, the taste of the perfect mouth.

And it's developing that fantasy, that setting, that mood, that gives you a love scene that works. Much better, at least, than insert tab A into slot B.

Dontcha think?
11:59 p.m. :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>