<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

I need help.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005
So, you know how most writers procrastinate writing by cleaning their house?

Yeah, me? I procrastinate cleaning my house by writing. I have a gabillion things to do before my family descends on my house on Sunday for Christmas dinnner. (I don't have the energy to link you there, scroll down and look at my to-do list). And my mom and grandma are neat-freaks, so I can't have the usual mess. So what do I do? I happen across the printed out first draft of About Last Night and start reading. Then I start thinking.

For a few months now, I thought about changing it and combining it with Caught to get a longer book. (About Last Night is 7500 words, Caught is about 27000. I was hoping to turn it into a 60000 word category.)

But I sat down and read it this afternoon. It is exactly what it is. A short romantic story. If I just develop the characters a bit better, and ramp up the sex, I think it could be ready to try and sell. I'd been thinking of entering Amber Quill's Amber Heat Wave Contest (prize is publication for everyone they think worthy, not just one or two) cuz it seems like one of the more prestigious epubs out there, and I think I could make this work for them. Now. the entry deadline is only between Jan. 1 and 15th, so I can certainly wait until Monday to start working on this story, rather than procrastinating the cleaning now. But I'm excited about this. It's re-writing. I love re-writing.

I'm going to Saint John (that's New Brunswick, not St. John's, Newfoundland, where I was this summer) for a week leaving Jan 8th for business. I finally get to meet my boss and the rest of my team! I'm quite excited. So, I know me, if I don't get the story out before I leave, it won't get out. So. Jan 7th. About Last Night. Go Me.

And right now, me go get the vaccuum. There's dust bunnies older than me under my bed.
5:02 p.m. :: ::
3 Comments:
  • I feel your pain. I'm procrastinating cleaning my house by typing on your blog. So you're NOT helping me at all. In fact, you're contributing to the problem! LOL!

    Tanya

    By Blogger Shesawriter, at 9:47 a.m.  
  • mwaahaahaaa. You've caught on to my evil plan.... make everyone esle procrastinators like me, so I won't feel so bad about my own laziness.

    *rubbing hands Mr. Burns-ily* Excellent.

    By Blogger Pink Pen, at 11:07 a.m.  
  • Just read this one about your story that you want to rewrite...(Are you aware there is a movie called "About Last Night"...I think it was made in the early 80's..and if memory serves it was based on a David Mamet play...I only mention it because you might want to consider changing the name of your story..or not.)

    Very interest blog you have and I will be back PinkPen...(LOVE that name, too!

    By Blogger OldLady Of The Hills, at 7:45 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>