<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

People to do, places to go, things to see

Friday, December 16, 2005
I've been really bad at blogging these past few weeks, and I probably won't have much to say for at least another week or so, until I get through Christmas Day. I don't know why I always offer to host a big dinner with all of family coming over when my house is totally upside down. I've been working from home for about a month and a half now, I should have gotten it in order, but apparently not so much. Although, I did wait a bit because I was a contender to be on the show Neat, but they never got back to me, so I guess my house wasn't messy enough. Or too messy. :)

Right now I'm mostly done my bedroom, and my allergies are seriously acting up because of all the dust I've stirred up. Yick. My goal is to get the house presentable for next week, and then, after Christmas, target the piles of bags and boxes that will inevitably get hidden in closets.

I've also decided to move my office to another room. I'd always planned on this room being my office, but right now there's a really big couch in it, which I don't really need anymore. Speaking of which, anyone wanna buy a green and peach pull out sofa bed? Cheap! :) I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it, but it's comin' out!

I'll post pictures soon of the mess I'm working in right now and the end result. I've got some big ideas (partly based on the colour of my blog :) ) and I'm excited to get started... Especially now that my boss assures me my contract is going to be extended to permanent very soon, which means I'll be staying at home and I can't work in such a yucky space much longer. It also means, however, that I'm gonna have to start purging my books. I have thousands, and I just don't have room for them all anymore. Especially since I'm trying to convince Mr. Pink to finally move in.

On top of all the decorating and cleaning, I also have a big pile of projects on the go:

1. Edit 512-page user manual - Due Jan. 6th
2. Re-do line edits for In His Brother's Place - due ASAP.
3. Edit Point Break (400 pgs)
4. Edit The True Story of the Wicked Witch (35 pages)
5. Write 20-page apparel catalogue for store I used to work for
6. Write fashion and food pages for March 11th flyer for store I used to work for
7. Write 4-page shoe catalogue for store I used to work for

I would have liked to work on my own writing, but until I get a good chunk of my editing done I think it's gonna have to wait. I joined Jo Leigh's Uber Challenge for the new year, and my challenge is to finish all the shit I've started. All of it. The Prada Bag Princess, Losin' It, the re-vamped Caught/About Last Night and Dangerous Love. At this point, I don't even care about them being good, or publishable, I just want to be able to put the words THE END on all of them. I'll worry about the re-writes later.

*sigh* I think I may have taken on too much. So, back to the grind...
8:46 p.m. :: ::
1 Comments:
  • My house is a mess and my mom, grandmother and her friend are coming. My kids won't clean up fast enough because they keep fighting. I don't drink so there's no escaping into the bottle. THIS is why I hate Christmas! LOL!

    Tanya

    By Blogger Shesawriter, at 5:31 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>