<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

A change of scenery

Wednesday, March 08, 2006
I woke up Saturday morning with a serious case of ennui. Actually, this ennui has been building and building over the past few weeks, but after finishing the edits on the book that has been hanging over my head, making me feel guilty as all get out for avoiding it, I finally let things loose.

Within hours I had made my plans and hotel reservations and first thing Sunday morning, Mr. Pink and I took to the road. We drove down to Buffalo, NY (about a 2-hour drive) for a little cross-border shopping. (Did you know the exchange rate is only 15%!!! Last time we went, it was almost 40%... I'm not sure if that's good for the Canadian economy or really bad for the US)

And I realized that I either can't plan a romantic getaway for Mr. Pink and I, or I can't let him drive. Sunday night, after a disappointing dinner, we drove around for close to two hours trying to get back to our hotel. By the time we got back, we were both angry and frustrated and all my plans for a romantic evening were up in smoke. :(

I also can't really say I got any huge bargains, tho I still gave my Visa a really good workout :), and our lunch at a restaurant we were really looking forward to ended with a rather large bone in my burger. I'm still waiting to hear from their legal department, because, ew. And a little ow.

And while my ennui is now soothed a little, it still lingers. I don't know if it's a really bad case of SAD (seasonal affective disorder), or I'm just sick of where I live, but I crave a change of scenery... Something new. something different. something that isn't here...

And, to top it all off, my one "get out of the house" initiative, my HTML class at the local college, has been suspended. The union for instructors, teachers, admin staff at colleges across the province has gone on strike. The last one lasted six weeks.

*sigh* that'll learn me.
9:33 p.m. :: ::
2 Comments:
  • Maybe time for a trip somewhere warm? That always does wonders for me in the middle of winter...or did when I lived in a place with snow, anyway!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:53 p.m.  
  • This reminds me of last summer when I signed up to learn Spanish for teachers. The class was cancelled due to low enrollment. I think I was the only one to sign up.:(

    Thanks for bidding on the blog. Now we've taken turns sleeping on each other's couches!:)

    By Blogger Janet, at 11:47 a.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>