<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Wanna read me?

Sunday, January 29, 2006
So this has been a week. I didn't get a chance to pimp The Art of Getting By as much as I'd wanted to. (Go click the link in my sidebar. Go. Now. Just don't forget to come back *grin*)

My day job went all wonky and I found out just how evil Human Resources and budgets can be. Fortunately it's all been settled, and I'm now the proud owner of a GST number and a contract that'll let me stay at home for another year. Then I found out how good HR can be when I got told to seriously consider applying for a promotion in the next six months so that I can turn my contract into a full-time job.

And in the life is really wierd category, I spent most of my week working on the edits for my second book. My first edits resulted in a lot of controversy, which if you've been reading, you can probably guess what that was. This time around, I was harsh. I laid it all out there and found flaw with absolutely every aspect of the book. And I got a thank you letter mere minutes later. I'm so relieved. I didn't make changes or suggestions to be a bitch, I did it to make a better book. And the author saw that and was grateful for the help. And now, I'm really excited about working with this author and her book. We'll see how things go.

And, I decided I'm being a big fat chicken. I sent out Caught to one publisher. It was rejected and I tucked it back into a little folder and pretended it didn't exist. What I should have done is looked at it again, made the changes it needed and send it right back out. And I didn't.

So. I'm looking at it again. And... I just don't know. I just don't. I had several beta readers the first time 'round and the comments were too much on the "my mom likes it" vein. So I need someone, or a couple of someones, to give it a real read. Tell me if it's crap. Tell me what's crap about it. Then, I'm gonna fix it and send it out again. Because it's one thing to set a goal that this is the year I get published, it's a whole other to do something about it.

So, do you wanna be a beta reader? I'm not looking for grammar help. That's what I do for a living. I'm looking for plot flow, for whether my love scenes turn you on, for whether you fall in love with my hero and cheer on my heroine. Just remember, it's erotic romance. There's sex and swear words in there. Lots of both. If you're still interested, send me an email at pinkpenpapers[at]gmail.com. Thanks! :0)
12:10 a.m. :: ::
1 Comments:
  • I don't know if I can commit to critiquing the whole thing, but I'd be happy to look at the first three chapters and be evil for you. Heh heh. You've got my email addy if you're interested.

    By Blogger Michelle Rowen, at 8:59 a.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>