<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Pink and Mr. Pink Watch the Junos

Sunday, April 02, 2006
So, I'm not really big on award shows, but there's nothing really on tv tonight, so we put on the Junos.... the Canadian version of the Grammys.

This year, they've brought Pammie Anderson and her little friends to host. MC-ing is Chris Sheppard, who Mr. Pink remembers from his dj-ing days and has spent the past hour regaling me with Chris was and probably still is on some serious drugs and it's the only way he's getting through this program stories. Oh, and apparently he's really bald. :)

So, I'm gonna do a bit of a live blogging thing and post some of our comments.

Oooh, Rex Goudie has been getting elocution lessons. On Canadian Idol last year his Newfie accent was super thick. Tonight we can actually understand him.

Ummm... can someone please get Kalan Porter a Big Mac. Or five? Holy shit boy is non-existent. I met him about a year ago and he was skinny, but now he's just bone. Ick. Mr. Pink hopes he never goes to jail. Mr. Pink's rude. :)


Heh, Pammie just made fun of Ron Sexsmith... He's got this look on his face, like, uh... what'd she say? I was staring at her boobs.


Can someone please tell me why a Brit, Chris Martin from Coldplay, is presenting the Canadian lifetime achievement award to Brian Adams?


Huh. Mr. Pink's cousin is in Great Big Sea, and is the one who didn't show up tonight. The thing is, the one who is there and isn't related to Mr. Pink looks just like his cousin. Hmmmmm.... wonder what Uncle Kev hasn't been telling us?


Wow! Michael Buble is kinda hot. He's cleaning up tonight... best Artist and best Single so far. Is it just me or does he totally look like Michael Deluise? Mr. Pink's waiting for Buble to show up on Stargate SG-1, which is his absolute favourite show. And is pretty much run by Deluises. Still I was pretty much unaware of the talent that is the Buble. Must change that. He's good.


Simple Plan won fan favourite. They had some good songs in the beginning, but then then they got all whiny... waah, dad why don't you love me, waaah, my life sucks, waaaah.


Broken Social Scene won Best Alternative Band. Their performance was totally off key. I've never heard of them before.


Only in Canada, eh? The winners are coming up to accept their rewards with beer in their hands. *grin*


Wow. so not liking this performance by the Black Eyed Peas.


I love Jann Arden, she's hilarious. But I totally can't stand her music...


OH! Another Buble win! Best Album. And he totally said No Fuckin Way! when he won. Awesome.


All right, I watched for Hedley, but uh, Jacob Hoggard is very, uh, pose-y when he performs...


And after all that, it wasn't even Chris Sheppard after all. It was Buck 65. Ba-ha on Mr. Pink. :)

Well.. that was the Junos. Now you know how obnoxious Mr. Pink and I are :)
9:09 p.m. :: ::
7 Comments:
  • I'm visiting from Michele's.
    Hello.
    I like the design of your site.
    Funny - I don't know any of those actors - never really thought about the fact that different countries have different stars.
    How neat.
    Hope your weekend went well.
    Smiles,
    Chrissie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 p.m.  
  • Lol loved your site! Thanks for stopping by mine. I totally forgot that the junos were on tonight and I just got home from work! I was actually looking forward to seeing pam host (that is so wrong and i am ashamed that i just admited that) sigh.. going to turn the tv on now. I'll be back and will be sure to not lurk :P

    By Blogger jennypenny, at 9:42 p.m.  
  • Michele sent me off to Canada to see you, PinkPen.

    I've never seen the Junos though I hear them referred to from time to time. I liked Brian Adams back in the 80s but haven't heard anything by him in quite some time.

    I looked over your book list but haven't read a single one of them. Like you, I read a lot of books each year and really should keep track of them. See you...

    By Blogger utenzi, at 9:49 p.m.  
  • I have never seen the Junos but sounds like something worth watching.

    Michele sent me.

    By Blogger Mike, at 10:11 p.m.  
  • I love awards shows, for some reason. I'm sure I'd even enjoy that one. (And no, Coldplay's frontman giving an award to Bryan Adams doesn't quite make sense.) michele sent me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 p.m.  
  • I can't believe I missed my boyfriend, saying "No Fuckin' Way" When he won. Only on Canadian TV would they not bleep that.

    One of Mr. Pink's cousin's is in GBS? Sweet!

    I totally forgot the Junos were on. How'd I forget you ask with Pammie Anderson's boobs plastered all over CTV? Very, very easily. And what the heck? Why was Chris Martin giving away a lifetime to Bryan Adams? No sense. No sense at all!

    Thanks for the play-by-play. Although I'm still bummed in not seeing my boyfriend Mmmmichael wearing a tux. Well - fancy shmancy suit. Crap. Somedays it just sucks to not have a tv guide.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 p.m.  
  • My parents once told me that my Michael Buble reminded them of my boyfriend. I don't really see the resemblance, but I figured it might make me sound cooler. Did it work? lol:)

    By Blogger Janet, at 9:47 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>