<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

So what do I do with it?

Thursday, April 06, 2006
Ok, hurting the environment is bad. We all know this.

We've all heard the promotions to reduce, reuse, recycle. What we haven't heard is how hard it is to do it.

So, you may recall that I've been slowly trying to clean sweep my house. Well, we have a ton of electronic equipment that I don't particularly want to just dump in a, well, dump or a landfill.

Included are:

20" tv with remote - no green. you can have all the other colors, just not that one.
56K modem card
computer case with stuff in it (not sure exactly what)
2 broken VCRs
2 broken cable boxes

The thing is? I have been all over the 'net, and I can't figure out what to do with this stuff.

I want to be environmentally friendly, I really do, but if it's gonna cost me more than I paid for this stuff in the first place to recycle it, well, not so much.

Cuz it really would be easier to walk it outside and just leave it for the garbage truck that's coming tomorrow.

Anyone have any ideas? I really want to get this crap out of my house.
5:56 p.m. :: ::
9 Comments:
  • I have the same problem. I can't bear to just 'junk' the stuff. Maybe put it up in ebay for those people who rebuild that kind of thing and give it new life? Either that or sometimes local papers have add to buy 'used broken items' from someone willing to buy this stuff (real cheap) and fix to resale... it's worth a shot to stay out of the landfills ;-)

    By Blogger Night Diva Maria, at 6:09 p.m.  
  • that's supposed to say 'ads' ;-)
    Good luck!!

    By Blogger Night Diva Maria, at 6:10 p.m.  
  • what about using freecycle to get rid of it?

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 11:23 p.m.  
  • Call your local waste management. Most cities now have 2-3 days a month where they will take it, usually for free.

    By Blogger Thumper, at 12:46 a.m.  
  • I have no idea what to do with that stuff either.

    How come the right thing is never the easier thing?

    Hi - Michele sent me!

    By Blogger Megan, at 10:42 a.m.  
  • I'll let you know as soon as I get rid of the massive t.v. taking up floor space in my bedroom. Apparently I can recycle it but it's getting it to whereever they recycle that's a problem. It's Huuuuuge.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 p.m.  
  • Freecycle is good; craigslist also has a section for people giving stuff away for free. The person will come haul it away for you, and actually thank you for it.

    By Blogger Jay, at 5:54 a.m.  
  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger shpprgrl, at 1:35 p.m.  
  • Our Goodwill stores take things like that....if you have one nearby. It doesn't matter if it works or not. Part of their goal is to employ people who might not be able to be employed elsewhere, they repair the stuff and resell. Also, they sometimes are able to come pick it up. Good luck!

    (I deleted my previous....typing too fast and too many mistakes...lol)

    By Blogger shpprgrl, at 1:38 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>