<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Bad blogger

Tuesday, May 16, 2006
I know. I haven't been blogging in a long time. Although, that's not entirely true. I have been blogging, just not here.

And yet, people still pop by to check in to see me. And I feel guilty.

I guess the big problem, for me, is I'm having a big of an identity crisis. You may recall a few posts ago that I mentioned deciding on a pseudonym... well, not only did I decide on the pseudonym, I started a blog, which is where I've been spending a lot of my time, and I created a website... for the HTML class I was taking. Grade on the website: 100%. Final grade in the class: 99%. Yay me.

So where's the confusion? Well... I don't know who I am anymore, and I don't know who I want to be associated with what. There's the real me...the name that I try not to say over here, or, really, anywhere on the 'net. The thing is, the books that I'm editing? They have my real name, right there on the inside cover. Which is fine, because there are very few people that will be able to look at that name and go, hey! that's Pink.

Except... how I get paid for these books is a percentage of the sales. So, I want to promote them. Because, hell, I worked damn hard on these books, and my first royalty check was $15. And that ain't right. But if I start promoting these books here, then I'm pretty much coming out from behind the Pink wall.

And, had I really thought about it, I would have kept Pink and Lara (the new name) separate. But I didn't. And now it's in a very public place that Pink and Lara are me.

So. I'm not sure how to handle it. And I'm not really sure why it's so important. Who really cares if people know that I'm Pink and Lara and Me?

So yeah. There it is.

I'm still alive, I just don't know who I am anymore.
10:40 p.m. :: ::
3 Comments:
  • From across the globe it matters very little, but people have very good reasons for keeping anonymity and for chucking it.

    By Blogger Jay, at 4:57 p.m.  
  • I have to agree with Miss Jay.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:08 p.m.  
  • I got nothing for you girl. I spend my blogging time trying not to identify myself for no good reason other than I don't want my family to read my blog. Then I couldn't be as honest with my feelings. Sucks. Good luck.

    By Blogger Your Mother, at 2:59 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>