<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Pink Pen Papers
Think in Hot Pink

Why pre-ordering from Amazon is never a good idea.

Thursday, April 13, 2006
So, here's the thing. I'm a big fan of Alison Kent's stuff. And that was even before she sent me a pile of author copies of some of her books just cuz I asked for them. *grin*

So, when she sent out a call for people to get the word out, blog-wise, about her new book that just launched, Deep Breath, I was all over the idea. Waaaaayyyyy back in March, I ordered the book from Amazon, so I'd have it in time for this whole marketing campaign.

Well, guess what... I'm still waiting for it.
Yup. See this:



That's my order from Amazon. It says I won't be seeing the books I ordered for another month and a half. Look at that! Ordered March 19, 2006.

Now, when I first started ordering from Amazon, and there were a couple of books that ship immediately and one that would take a while, someone would look at the order and think... hey! let's send the books that are ready so we're not leaving our poor customer in the lurch. Yeah, now? not so much. I should have learned the last time, when I ordered my little sister's b-day present and one book didn't come for six months (despite the "expected ship in 1 week!" promise.)

Grrrrr.

So if you like hot, sexy, steamy, romance, go check out Alison's Book Deep Breath. And if you don't, uhhh, why not? Hot, sexy, steamy romance is fun! :)

And go visit Alison's blog. Tell her I said hi. And if you've read Deep Breath, don't tell me how it ends! *grin*
1:06 p.m. :: ::
1 Comments:
  • That stinks. But Deep Breath is worth the wait!

    it's probably the Triskelion book that's tying up the order. Amazon has it with a 4 to 6 week ship time and then they always add on more time if you take the super saver shipping. Which stinks.

    By Blogger Nicole, at 5:26 p.m.  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Pink Pen :: permalink


<body>